St Laurence's Primary is committed to ‘High Levels Of Learning And Wellbeing For All’. We are dedicated to the development of a lifelong journey of learning and study that enhances the lived experiences of all.
We are supported by the Catholic Education Diocese of Bathurst, which exists to educate and form young people in Catholic discipleship, offering the experiences of following Jesus as members of a Catholic community.
- A high quality curriculum enriched with a Catholic worldview
- High expectations, aspirations and standards in every aspect of our school
- A nurturing of students’ holistic development through authentic partnerships with parents, parish and the community
- An emphasis on the social and emotional development of each student, building self-confidence and positive self-esteem
- Support for parents as the first educators in faith
- Encouragement and support for students to achieve excellence in all subject areas
- High quality teaching practices and resources across all curriculum areas
- Developing students’ knowledge, skills and expertise through collaboration
- Differentiated curriculum to meet the needs of all students
KEY LEARNING AREAS
Primary school is split into four stages:
- Early stage 1 – Kindergarten
- Stage 1 – Years 1 and 2
- Stage 2 – Years 3 and 4
- Stage 3 – Years 5 and 6
St Laurence’s Primary offers a complete set of study areas to its students:
- Religious Education
- Science and Technology
- Human Society and its Environment (HSIE) - History, Geography
- Creative and Performing Arts
- Personal Development/Health/Physical Education (PDHPE)
Each key learning area is taught within the NSW curriculum, which NSW Education Standards (NESA) have developed. English and Mathematics make up about 60 percent of the school week – this is equivalent to at least 15 hours each week. Religion is taught daily for 30 minutes. The other subjects are spread throughout the week with each subject accounting for 90 minutes learning time a week.